Benefits of Oregano Oil for Teeth and Oral Health
The benefits of oregano oil for teeth and oral health are well-known. Manufacturers can use oregano as a natural solution to help fight cavities, gum disease, and bad breath. Here's what you need to know about this powerful essential oil for oral health.
What Is Oregano Oil?
Oregano, an essential oil is derived from the oregano plant. The plant's powerful antioxidant and antimicrobial properties make it a valuable cooking and health product. The ability of oregano essential oil to support oral health has been studied. People who took a fixed combination of essential oregano, rosemary, and thyme essential oil, as well as ginger extract, had better gum health.
Is Oregano Oil Good for Teeth?
Oregano oil has anti-inflammatory properties, as well as antimicrobial and antioxidant properties. Because of these combined benefits, it is an excellent choice for preventing tooth decay and using as home remedy for gingivitis. It can also help prevent plaque buildup on your teeth.
The Benefits Of Oregano Oil For Teeth
Oregano oil is a natural antibacterial, anti-fungal, and antiviral agent. It can kill harmful bacteria in the mouth.
Oregano oil also helps reduce inflammation of the gums. Inflammation can lead to bleeding when brushing your teeth or chewing hard foods and possibly gingivitis.
Oregano oil can help prevent tooth decay and gum disease. It also has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce mouth pain. Such properties make it easier for you to eat healthy food without experiencing discomfort afterward.
How do you use Oregano Oil on your Teeth?
Oregano oil is very concentrated, so if you plan on using it, you should use carrier oil. It is suggested to use ten drops of your preferred carrier oil for one drop of oregano oil.
Apply a few drops of the oil mixture to a Q-tip or brush. Rub it all around the toothache, and let it work for up to two minutes.
Dangers of Oregano Oil - Avoid Side Effects
- Avoid if you are pregnant or breastfeeding- Oregano oil is not recommended for pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Avoid if you have a chronic medical condition- If you have severe medical conditions like bleeding disorders, heart disease, or kidney problems, avoid oregano oil.
- Avoid taking specific medication- If you take any medications, consult your doctor before using oregano oil. They could have a dangerous combination.
- Avoid if you are allergic to oregano oil- People who are allergic to oregano should avoid the oil. Exposure may cause skin irritation, lips and face, and difficulty breathing or swallowing due to the throat or tongue swelling.
Teeth Care Products That Contain Oregano Oil
Oregano Oil is found in a variety of toothpaste and mouthwashes, including:
- Teeth Whitening Toothpaste- In some commercially available brands, oregano oil is included alongside other natural ingredients to brighten the appearance of teeth.
- Toothpaste With Baking Soda and Peroxide-Some commercial brands include oregano oil as one of the ingredients that help remove plaque buildup on your teeth. The peroxide in this toothpaste may be derived from petroleum or natural sources such as olive oil or coconut oil.
- Mouthwash- If you've ever used mouthwash and noticed a minty or herbal smell, it's probably because of essential oils. These oils are added to some mouthwashes to help freshen breath and kill bacteria that cause bad breath.
- Coconut Oil-Based Toothpaste- This type contains both coconut oil and ethically sourced ingredients, making it vegan and eco-friendly.
Improve your Oral Health With Lucky Teeth
Oregano oil is an excellent natural remedy for your teeth and gums. It has antibacterial properties that help fight off harmful bacteria that cause plaque buildup, gum disease, and cavities. It can be used as a daily oral hygiene routine or added to a homemade toothpaste recipe.
Lucky Teeth has a wide variety of products that contain oregano oil to promote oral health and natural products you can use daily. Contact us today for more information on our extensive list of products.