Oil Pulling healthy Tip
Oil pulling is a process or technique to maintain oral hygiene that detoxifies our oral cavities. It was created in India by ayurvedic medicine, which is one of the world’s oldest holistic medicines, developed more than 3000 years ago.
There are many benefits from oil pulling, but the most outstanding are:
- Detoxifies and purifies the entire body because it activates salivary enzymes which absorb chemical, bacterial and environmental toxins from the blood, removing them through the tongue.
- It creates antioxidants which help to keep bad bacteria and viruses away, improving your general health.
- It offers a natural way to whiten teeth by removing stains from the teeth.
- Prevents gum diseases since it creates a natural barrier from bacteria and fungus.
How to do oil pulling?
- Decide the oil you want to use and use the same oil for medium to long periods of time. Ayurvedic experts recommend using Sesame oil, coconut oil or sunflower oil alone at first, then you can try out mixing them in equal proportions.
- Take one tablespoon of the oil and put it into your mouth. Be careful not to swallow oil during the entire process.
- Swish the oil around your mouth, trying to reach every part of it. To be effective, oil pulling must be done from 5 to 20 minutes daily. If you find it difficult or tend to swallow it, start increasing the time day by day until you reach twenty minutes.
- Spit out the oil completely in the trash or a special recipient for it (Spitting out the oil in the sink may cause you to clog it up).
- Rinse your mouth with warm water to completely remove any residual oil.
And that’s it ! After these 5 steps, you have completed an oil pulling session.
You can also add organic essential oils for specific conditions.
- Lemon: sensitive gums
- Tea tree: infections
- Clove: Ant inflammatory
Oil pulling has been used for thousands of years demonstrating oral health improvement, so, let's try it!
Share with us your experience on our instagream or Facebook page.