How to Make Your Own Toothpaste
Natural DIY Toothpaste Step by Step Guide
Most toothpastes are loaded with harmful chemicals and even natural ones still have preservatives and binding agents. Learn why you should make the switch and use organic toothpaste.
At Lucky Teeth we make a toothpaste that has no hidden ingredients, binding agents or preservatives. It is loaded with nourishing ingredients and has a delicious mild taste. We would like to share a simpler version that you might be able to make with things you already have at home. Continue reading and learn how to make your own toothpaste with readily accessible and natural ingredients.
This toothpaste recipe is safe for children!
Remineralizing Toothpaste Ingredients
- 5 TBS Calcium Powder
- 1 TBS Food Grade Clay
- 2 TBS Baking Soda
- 3 TBS Powder Xylitol or stevia to taste
- 4 TBS Coconut Oil to achieve desired texture
A few drops of essential oils, we love:
- Tea tree
Be cautious of the amount used if children will be using it.
Lets Put It Together
- Mix all powdered ingredients (calcium, baking soda, xylitol, clay) in a bowl
- Add coconut oil one tablespoon at a time until you get perfect consistency
- Add any optional ingredients, including essential oils
Store in small container like ½ pint glass jar. To use, either dip clean toothbrush into it, or use a wooden stick to put on toothbrush.