6 Tips To Take Care Of Your Teeth While Traveling
Did you know that oral health is just as important on the go? Traveling sometimes allows people to fall into bad habits. That is why we have these seven tips to take care of your teeth while traveling.
How Domestic Vs. International Travel Affects Oral Hygiene
On a domestic trip, you can probably get away with brushing your teeth once a day and maybe using a water flosser. But if you’re traveling internationally, you’ll need to be more diligent about oral care since the water quality can vary depending on the area.
Why Is Water Quality An Issue?
Water quality can affect teeth in a few ways, causing tooth decay. Drinking water having high fluoride levels can help prevent tooth decay. However, if there are high levels of minerals or other particles in the water, it can cause tooth erosion. Always check the news ahead of time.
Six Tips To Protect Your Teeth While Traveling
Are you packed and ready for your trip? Here are a few tips for ensuring that your teeth stay clean while you’re on vacation:
- Pack a light toothbrush and your favorite toothpaste in your toiletries bag. If traveling frequently, change out the brush every three months. That way, you can brush your teeth wherever you go.
- Know where you can find backup tooth care if you forget to pack a toothbrush. If you’re staying in a hotel, ask for a toothbrush and toothpaste when you check in at the front desk. Some airlines hand them out in travel kits.
- Brush twice a day for two minutes continuously. This step is essential, especially if you’re eating lots of sugary or acidic foods while on the go. Make sure to use toothpaste that contains fluoride.
- Use a water flosser, water pick, or oral irrigator to remove plaque and bacteria between your teeth. Some models come in travel-friendly sizes, but ensure that you can charge them with the provided outlets in your hotel or Airbnb.
- Carry dental floss and mouthwash so you can brush and floss after every meal. Grocery stores sell travel-size mouthwash bottles or empty bottles that you can will with your preferred antibacterial mouthwash.
- Drink plenty of water throughout the day to help keep your mouth clean if you are concerned about water quality, research where you can find bottled water.
What Travel-Sized Items Should You Pack?
Tooth care basics include a toothbrush, toothpaste, floss, and mouthwash. All grocery stores and pharmacies carry these items, but be aware that not all carry Eco Friendly options. Preparing in advance for your teeth will ensure optimum oral hygine. Talk to your dentist before your trip if you have any dental work that needs special care while traveling.
Toothbrush - Manual Or Electronic?
There are two main types of toothbrushes – manual and electronic. Manual toothbrushes come in many sizes and materials. Electronic toothbrushes are more expensive but some prefer them. If you’re looking for a travel-friendly electric toothbrush, consider one that has a rechargeable battery and comes with a carrying case.
Improve Your Oral Health With Lucky Teeth
Lucky Teeth has spent years developing natural oral care products for customers. Natural toothpaste can reduce side effects and tooth sensitivity.
Are you ready to take care of your teeth? Contact us today! Lucky Teeth will prepare you for your next road trip.